Metro Catholic Outreach is a collaborative project of the 11 Catholic parishes of the Cedar Rapids, Iowa metro area. This outreach provides a food pantry, community assistance referrals, and financial assistance for housing and utilities to those in need in the Cedar Rapids Metro area.
Here are some needs at Metro Catholic Outreach:
- Peanut butter/jelly
- Tuna and other canned meat
- Soup, stew, chili
- Canned pasta (Raviolios, etc.)
- Canned vegetables, beans
- Pork & beans
- Canned fruit
- Potatoes (fresh or flakes)
- Helper meals
- Crackers or muffin mix
- Pancake mix (we are out!)
Homeless bag items (easy open single-serve items) protein/meals
Our clients really appreciate:
- Toilet paper & other paper products
- Small hotel-sized shampoo/conditioner, soap, lotion, etc.
- Dental care items-toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss
- Full-size personal care products (for larger families)
- Laundry detergent pods & cleaning products
Items can be left in the boxes near the doors in the Church and we deliver them weekly to MCO.
We greatly appreciate your assistance with serving our community through the food pantry.
If you would like to get more involved with MCO, please contact them from their website: https://metrocatholicoutreach.org/contact-us/